eLearning Childbirth Education Program
eLearning Childbirth Education Program is an alternative for those parents who cannot attend conventional prenatal classes due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. This is an interactive web-based program that includes animated illustrations, videos and voice-overs. It can be viewed on a PC or Mac. High speed internet is advised, but dial-up will work however it will take longer to download.
The program includes:
- Access to the eLearning program for 90 days, starting from the first time you logon. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
- A parent’s book and other written materials will be sent to you by mail.
- One face-to-face class with a registered nurse educator and a tour of the facility.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators by e-mail or phone to answer brief questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
This class is not covered by insurance. For more information please call Millard Fillmore Suburban at (716) 568-3628 or call Women & Children's Hospital at (716) 878-7342.